Athens is one of those cities, that are a little bit underrated. Inspite of the crisis or just because of it, you should definitly explore this country, the birthplace of democracy.
All in all our trip to Athens was a bit exhausting, seeing so much in such a short time. But for various reasons it was a wise decision:
1. Lots of sights: Most of it is located around Plaka district or accessible by subway, so you can see a lot in short time.
2. Food: I know nobody not to like Greek Food.
3. Ouzo: Actually we don’t usually like Ouzo. But being there, it was delicious. 😉
4. Wine: Greek wine… (there’s not more to say here)
5. Everybody’s so much more relaxed than in Germany. Maybe that’s due to climate or to reasons above.
6. Mean, but: Crisis! We’re not sure, if it’s due to the crisis, but Athens is a lot cheaper than other European cities. You get lots of value for your money.
8. Beautiful people: The Greeks are beautiful people. But even more likeable.
9. There are many view points: We had great weather, so the city blazed and looked just fabulous from every view point.
10. We could visit a very good friend! Thanks to our ‘local’!
Jamas to Hellas!!!!